With the holidays and my trip home, I haven’t had a chance to update you all on the Adopt NY fundraiser, Shop for Adopt. In just two hours, we raised over $2,000 that will go toward veterinary care for animals affected by Hurricane Sandy – and on January 6th, I’ll be joining Adopt NY in the Rockaways for their relief day! I’m glad the money we raised will help out with their effort. Please consider donating directly if you can afford to; every penny counts.
And speaking of donations, a huge thank you to Bollare, Coach, Juicy Couture, Tiffany & Co., Seychelles, Corey Lynn Calter, George Gina & Lucy, Zoomies, BonLook, Keep It Sweet, Tumbleweeds Handcraft, 80/20, Threadsence, Cynthia Vincent, Tieks, Dapper Dean, Nifty Thrifty, Emerging Thoughts, Super7, Parker, Bonfaire, Trina Turk, Too Faced, Urban Decay, Sockerbit, Two Arms, Jamie Beck, Honest Tea, and Izze, and all of the wonderful bloggers who donated from their own closets. We couldn’t have done it without you.
Here’s some snapshots from our event:
Above – top to bottom, left to right:
1) Co-host Helena of Brooklyn Blonde in front of our wall of prints.
2) Co-host Kim of eat.sleep.wear.
3) The crowd starts shopping.
4) Honest Tea and their wonderful rep Jordan kept our thirsts quenched. My personal favorite is the half n half, which I drink regularly because it is delicious. It also doesn’t hurt that they happen to be a very generous, wonderful company!
5) Pulling raffle tickets to choose some winners.
6) Lucky Joy with her new Tumbleweeds Handcraft glasses. She also ended up winning a gift card for a pair of Seychelles! I’m also pretty sure she was the winning bidder on one of the Coach bags, and purchased some blogger donated items. Thank you for the support, Joy!
Top to bottom, left to right:
3) Urban Decay donated an amazing basket of goodies.
4) Tieks, the makers of my new favorite ballet flats, donated a ton of gift cards!
5) Samara, manning the raffle table.
11) And finally, Vester says thank you to everyone for their support, on behalf of rescued animals everywhere.