If you were to ask me about my favorite beauty products, the truth is, I could make a very long list. I’m constantly trying out new products and experimenting with different colors within those products, so my beauty stash is extensive. If I find myself using something to the point of having to replace it — or if it repeatedly gets moved between whatever handbags I’m currently using — it automatically ends up on my favorites list. Here are eight of my current favorite products, some old and some new, and why I’ve been reaching for them over and over:
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain 06 “Pink Soufflé”: I wear a lot of liquid lipsticks, because I love the long-lasting finish. Some liquid lipsticks can feel a little bit like nail polish on your lips, but a lot of finishes have greatly improved. Sephora’s cream lip stains are one of my favorite formulas (Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks are another – currently obsessed with “Berlin”), and this is my go-to shade. I get asked about it all the time. For reference, I’m wearing it here and here. Also in several other instagrams, but the filters make it look a little darker/more neutral than it is.
- NARS “Brigitte” Audacious Lipstick: Speaking of getting asked about lip colors, this might be the top asked-about-lipstick. You can see it in action in this post. I usually go for mattes, and since this is a creamier finish, it’s a nice change! It’s my idea of the perfect color. In fact, if anyone knows of a liquid lipstick in this shade, let me know! I’d like to have it in other finishes. I’ve already gone through three full tubes of this lipstick. And that’s saying something, because I have a ridiculous amount of lipsticks to choose from (it’s my vice).
- Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50: If you follow me on snapchat or instagram, you already know my love of Supergoop! sunscreen oil spray (I love it) and their everyday sunscreen, of which I have the giant jug, but their Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 is a game changer for me. I’m constantly preaching the use of SPF, and reminding everyone to reapply. Applying once isn’t enough…if you’re planning on being outside, reapply every couple of hours! That can be a little difficult, if you’re wearing makeup. But this setting mist with SPF can be spritzed over your face, without affecting your makeup. In fact, it will give you a little pick-me-up and set all of your hard work. Genius 2 in 1.
- Urban Decay “Zodiac” Razor Sharp Longwear Liquid Eyeliner: I was a little devastated when Urban Decay discontinued their 24/7 liquid liners, and went into hoarder mode. I ordered a bunch of backups (I think I have 2 or 3 left) and prayed for a worthy replacement. Both formulas have their strengths and weaknesses, but the new formula is pretty great and has upgraded packaging. I love this shade, Zodiac, in particular. It’s a gorgeous, metallic duochrome with a greenish shift, but still reads as a neutral. See it in action (along with all of the other shades) in this post.
- bareMinerals Stroke Of Light Eye Brightener: Very rarely do I ever wear foundation, but I rely on good concealers to keep the dark circles at bay. With my horrible sleep patterns, this sometimes requires a color corrector, as well, but I feel like I need to dedicate a whole post to those. What I like about this eye brightener is that it really does bring a luminous quality to the skin, without being shimmery. It makes me look more awake! It’s reminiscent of Touche Éclat, and happens to be a lot less expensive.
- Too Faced Snow Bunny Luminous Bronzer: I know it might surprise you to see a bronzer on the list, since I’m a notoriously pale girl. But this is more of a blush-bronzer-highlighter all in one, which makes it a great choice for traveling. I give it a little swirl before sweeping on my cheeks, for a subtly sun-kissed glow.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes: I resisted this for so long, dismissing it as a blogger bandwagon product. I finally gave in and got a bottle of it, since Helena had been raving about it, and I am officially on that bandwagon. It’s one of those rare products whose results are almost immediate. Apparently my skin loves a lactic acid treatment, because it makes my skin feel incredibly smooth. I use it at night, post acid toner, pre serum and moisturizer, and wake up with glowing, soft skin. Sephora is usually generous with samples, so make sure you ask for one before you commit, because it’s not cheap. But good skincare is worth the investment, if you can afford it!
- LORAC Pro Matte Eyeshadow Palette: I picked up this palette on a whim, earlier this year, because I found myself in Los Angeles without any eyeshadows and Kim almost exclusively has rainbow shades in her bathroom (she has since picked up a Naked Palette, I do believe). Matte shadows can sometimes be a little chalky, but these are so buttery smooth and pigmented. I also like how flat and simple the package is; it’s easy to just throw it in my travel bag and not worry about it.
So, there you have it! Now that I’ve shared some of my current favorites, please let me know about yours!