As much as I love cut-offs, cotton dresses, and a bare face with a bold lip (my Summer go-to), Fall gets me really excited about a few things: boots, lightweight layers, and smoky eyes. Not that you can’t wear a smoky eye in the Summer, but it’s not quite as cute when it’s running halfway down your face from a day in the hot sun. I mean, it’s a look, but not a comfortable one.
The great thing about a smoky eye is that it can be interpreted in many ways, shapes, and colors. Ulta Beauty sent me a package full of some of their products and asked me to do my own version of a Smoky Spiced Eye, and I happily obliged (twist my arm, why don’t you?). Recently, I’ve been really into matte, smoked out browns with shimmer on the lids – it gives the look a little more warmth – so that’s exactly what we’re going to do. Keep reading for step by step instructions on how to recreate this Smoky Spiced Eye look for Fall!
- Pat Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer all over your eyelids, blending up above the crease.
- Use the Ulta Beauty Gel Liner to draw along your outer lash line and outer v.
- Line your lower lash line.
- Use a smudge brush to blend the pencil out, on both the outer lid and the bottom lash line. This will make the outer edges darker and more dramatic.
- Sweep “Flower Child” (from the Tartlette in Bloom palette) through your crease. This will serve as your transitional shade.
- Using a pencil brush (or any small shadow brush), pack “Leader” everywhere the Ulta Beauty Gel Liner was applied.
- Blend out with a fluffy blending brush.
- Diffuse the edges further by sweeping “Smarty Pants” on the outer edges and blending outward.
- Pat “Firecracker” on the remaining part of your eyelids, and highlight the inner corners with “Funny Girl”
- Go back in with the gel eyeliner, concentrating on the waterline and outer, lower lash line. Done!
Thank you to Ulta Beauty for partnering with me for this tutorial. Are there any tutorials you’d like to see? Please let me know!