A little confetti love from my lil niece Roxy Mae, who is starting middle school in a week. Can you believe it?!
My niece and nephew Roxy and Ryder are in town for the week, and I couldn’t be happier to have them around. I wish Jack and Lily could be here, too, but Jack starts school a week earlier than the others (he’s in high school! I can’t believe it) and Lily is still a little too young to be so far away from home. But mannn, I’m so glad to have Roxy and Ryder with us. If you follow along on instagram, I hope you watch my stories. These two are such characters. Ryder always has me cracking up, and Roxy is the sweetest and smartest girl you’ll ever meet. It kills me how quickly they grow up. Without getting *too* sentimental (since it’s 1:26 AM as I write this, and I get really sentimental in the middle of the night), I just helped Tessa shop for her upcoming job interview, and had this flashback to helping her pick out her outfit for preschool. It made me a little emotional. UGH, I’m getting emotional right now, and this became so much longer than I intended.
Before I get to this week’s links, I need your advice! Kim and I are leaning toward a week or so in Greece, and would love any input you might have on where to go and stay, and what to see and do. Also, what are your favorite travel blogs? I’d love to add some to my list! While Kim and I fail at planning our trip (as usual), here are some links to check out:
- Jamie Beck moved from NYC to Provence, and her photography has never been more inspiring. Follow her on instagram and make sure to watch her instastories, where she shares the work behind the scenes that goes into each photograph.
- Speaking of France, I got a little nostalgic and went looking through some old posts from my girl’s trip to Paris. I still have this whole outfit, and now I want to recreate it! Oh, and I just found this precious dress stuffed in a box at the top of my closet (my “to mend” box). Oops.
- Quick and easy DIY: update your clothes with some rick rack!
- I just bought this ruffled jumpsuit and have already thought of several ways I want to style it.
- Has anyone ever used one of these curling wands?
- 7 piñata projects for your next party. I’m into that unicorn.
- While you’re at it, make your own rainbow disco ball. I’m very DIY focused this week, eh?
- Not that I want to rush summer along (I really don’t), but I can picture myself wearing this buffalo plaid jacket while eating apple cider donuts in some sort of fall scenario, and I’m really looking forward to that moment.