Makeup

Oh Sugar, Where’ve You Been?

It’s no secret that recently, I’ve been a 25-year old walking cliché, moping around in quarter life crisis-mode and generally making a fool of myself. I’m going to do my best to keep more of my personal life out of this particular blog; sometimes I forget that more than just my friends are keeping tabs on this. I have a difficult time feeling creative or apt to blog about fashion when I’m going through a rough time. I apologize, profusely. Back to the pictures!

I just got back from New York (the other day) and felt like lifting my spirits a little. What did I do? Well, I did my makeup and partook in a self-indulgent, extremely vain photo session. Did it work? A little. A bit (or a lot) of eye makeup and fake lashes can do wonders for the self esteem.

Makeup Details:
MAC Bare Canvas all over lids and blended above crease
MAC Say, Yeah all over lids
Bobbi Brown smokey eyeshadow in crease and outer v
Revlon lashes
stiletto lash mascara
MAC blacktrack fluidline
Julie Hewett Cheekie cheek and lip shine in Bette on lips
brow pencil
Smashbox photofinish primer all over face
MAC mineralize skinfinish natural in Light
MAC mineralize skinfinish in Petticoat (cheeks)

Love love,

p.s. If you like this look and want to learn how to recreate it, stay tuned for the tutorial, which will be available on Emerging Thoughts (as soon as I finish it).

1. petrina says:

I love love love the lip colour!!

2. E says:

Jeez girl, you're beautiful..

3. camille says:

nice makeup! i tried to recreate it…. buuut i need more practice.

4. amy lapi says:

wow! you're beautiful. 🙂

5. Katie says:

thanks for the make-up tips and tutorial!!!!!!!!!! x

6. Mascara or Motoroil says:

You are just so gorgeous. And you have suuuuuch an amazing gift at makeup! No matter if I follow a million tutes, mine never looks this good.

7. Molly says:

omgosh…love the eye make up. also, I am oh so jealous of your bangs. they are, dare I say, "bangin"

8. TheStrawberryFields says:

ohhhh i love MAC makeup it always gives a flawless finish,you look lovely.

9. Alice says:

You makeup is really inspirational!

I think many bloggers walk that think line between keepeing and revealing too much. Nothing wrong with a bit of personal information, we all go through phases!

10. MamieGirls says:

looking beautiful young lady! hope you had so much fun in NYC!

11. Christina says:

Hi Keiko,

First off I love your makeup, the eyes especially, they are gorgeous.

Second I love that you post the personal things about yourself on the blog it makes you a real person with real problems. I don't think I commented on you other post where you went into the quarter life crisis that you are having, but you posting that really helped me because it showed me that I wasn't the only one feeling that way. I often don't talk about my feelings and I thought it was really brave that you put yourself out there and told us what going on in your life. So dont apologize for being personal on your blog.

xoxo, Tina

12. kate says:

wow, she is beautiful

13. Trains and Sewing Machines says:

I was looking at these pictures and wondering if there would be a tutorial for your eye makeup, it looks AMAZING and I really don't know how to do it like that and then I see that you're doing one 🙂 I'm excited for it!

14. Samantha Jane says:

You look so beautiful here and photograph extremely well!! 🙂

15. catherine_sr. says:

I love your personal posts! You write so beautifully, they are more illuminating than whinge-y. But I can also understand the need to keep personal things off a blog with a larger readership.
    You look beautiful in these pics! You are right about the false eyelashes — I wore them for Halloween and adored the way I looked (even though the cheap pair I got were driving me crazy all night).
    the renegade bean

16. Simone says:

hi keiko,

i know exactly how you feel. i'm at a dead end job trying to find another, just turned 25 and moping around looking for something to fill the void.

i find your writing to be sensational. you do put up a lot of fashion and style which is great, but i think writing about your feelings and what you're going through like a normal journal really humanizes you. it makes you less of a "fashion blogger" and more of a real person.

great to see you back in the tri-state area!

17. Lucile says:

Wow, you look beautiful on these pictures ! Great photo session !
    I think it's normal that you share your feelings through your blog : writting had always been a therapy.
    I follow you since your LJ and that's what I like about you : you are a real girl. Certainly you've got a higher fashion sense than normal people, and maybe some of the most beautiful features I ever seen, but you seem accessible and that's what I like about you and about your blog.
    I hope you feel better today :).

18. Christina Visconti says:

Gahhh, you are so gorgeous. Being vain is okay, especially if it cheers you up.

19. The Sound of Lace says:

i think you should write what you feel the need to write about…if that means problems or issues that are on your mind..make them known. not only is it therapeutic to you it REALLY is therapeutic to others. when i read the part where you said you were going through a quarter life crisis..i first laughed (because ive never heard that term before) i second..sighed because 2009 was pretty much the WORST year of my life…. im looking at 2010 with an optimistic view. and knowing that others have had a hard time as well makes me realize how far from alone i really am.
    and those self indulgent vain photo sessions…theyve helped me though many a cry sessions!! keep up the smiles…we enjoy them!

thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
    thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
    thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
    thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
    thesoundoflace.blogspot.com

20. Pearl says:

I love your lip color!!!

I don't know where to get that Julie Hewett Cheekie cheek and lip shine in Bette on lips here in the philippines but do you know other similar counterparts from other brands with the same shade?

I'm in love with it. Mostly because I think that shade would look good on me. 🙂

21. Kiva, Keva? says:

Keiko Lynn, I started a blog because I think your so cool. You definately insprired me. Your fashion rules harder than vogues. I think your the coolest.

22. alison says:

Beautiful makeup – you look so pretty! And I don't mind the personal stuff at all. It's nice to know the person behind the blog a little better.

23. frenchkitty says:

I was just gonna ask if you would do a tutorial then I scrolled down and see that you are! Yay!! Love the pics! Gorgeous!