Pete and Repeat

thrifted silk shirt
ADAM satin crepe blazer – via Gilt and their amazing sale zip side jeans – courtesy of Jessica Simpson Collection
Steve Madden Caryssa Pumps – replaced by Steve Madden, woohoo! Excellent customer service.
Coach Madison Brynne Bag – courtesy of Coach
belt – thrifted (only worn in loops in the front; the rest is cinching my top)

h&m shirt ($5!)
ADAM satin crepe blazer – via Gilt zip side jeans – courtesy of Jessica Simpson Collection
Seychelles Hawk platform wedges – courtesy of Seychelles
Coach Madison Brynne Bag and sunglasses – courtesy of Coach
belt – thrifted
I wasn’t kidding when I said I’ve been wearing jeans a lot, lately. The weather has been cooler and it’s just so easy to throw on a pair of jeans and jet out the door. This chilly weather crept up on me and I need to get some new tights and socks!

I decided to post two outfits at once because they’re basically the same exact thing, with a different top and different shoes. Really…I wore the same thing two days in a row. I did, however, end up switching up the first look with flats for a walk to Cobble Hill. Let’s be honest – no one should be walking that far in five inch heels. Especially not a pigeon toed, clumsy gal like me.

Is it just me or are they actually taking curves into account when making jeans, these days? I usually have the worst luck with jeans, but the last three pairs I have received – Tory Burch, Hudson, and Jessica Simpson – have all fit rather well. My usual issues with denim are that they either flatten out my bum, have that huge gap in the back, are super short or give the dreaded muffin top. Trying on jeans is depressing. Oddly enough, Forever 21’s $12 jeans fit rather well. So do the pricier 4 stroke jeans, whose sample sizes are 28 (my size – lucky me!). It’s like everyone woke up and realized that some girls might have hips, but then they forgot to let me know about their epiphany…and I’m just now finding out.

Now that fashion week is in full effect, I’m back to my usual skirts and dresses. I’ll post more when I’m on more than two hours of sleep. In the meantime, nap nap nap for me. I have so much work to do and a full day ahead of me!

Love Love,

1. samantha. says:

my least favorite part about jeans shopping is that i can never get a good idea of what they will look like because my legs are so short! i am usually standing in a puddle of denim! the side zip jessica simpson jeans look perfect for a gal with a short leg! too cute!

β™₯ sami

2. Collette Osuna says:

You look fabulous in both posts…I love jeans, and yes..I believe they are making them to fit our curves…:)
    They are stylish and comfy..perfect together!!

Statements in Fashion

3. Crystal says:

YAY! I'm size 28, too! And I remember owning just one pair of Wet Seal jeans in high school because I couldn't find another pair that fit! I wore those jeans into the ground and was super devastated when they fell apart. Finding a find a replacement pair was near impossible. But lately, say the past 5 years or so, I've been having pretty good luck with denim, too. Finally. πŸ™‚

Also, you look great in jeans. I love it.

4. Liv says:

I was pleasantly surprised with Gap's 1969 jeans, the Always Skinny cut gets along really well with my less than skinny parts!
    Love the Steve Madden shoes!

5. Nelah says:

Your jeans (love the zip detail) and those pumps look amazing on you!!

6. A.Co says:

I agree, jeans are getting much better, and the lower end ones are coming around, especially – which is fantastic.

Love the pink on you.

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

7. Rio says:

I love both looks, especially the shoes! I have a hard time finding jeans because I'm only 4'11" with a booty! Haha! πŸ˜‰ Your ankle zip jeans look awesome!

8. Anthea says:

You can certainly rock a pair of jeans! I love the first outfit. Those shoes are magnificent! I also love the colour of your blouse. This outfit post has certainly got me in the mood to dress a bit chic.

Embracing Style

9. Rebeccak says:

I know what you mean about jeans! I could only ever go Jean shopping on days where I was feeling fabulous and ill fitting jeans wouldn't get me down. But I had lots of success finding Jeans in the US – it seems the hips and butt epiphany hasn't yet hit Australia.

10. Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark says:

its been such perfect jeans weather in ny. its such a relief after the summer.i just went jeans shopping today and there were no tears, perhaps denim designers are FINALLY taking in to account that not all women are shaped like men.

11. Helena from BrooklynBlonde says:

Wow, those shoes are incredible! I thought they were going to be some high-end designer when I saw the first picture!

12. Flora says:

I have the same problem with jeans, I usually don't have body issues but when I have to buy a new pair of jeans all my self-esteem goes down to the floor. it's so stressing trying on dozens and dozens of jeans to find a decent pair. It's always the same problem, very tight on the hips, flat bump and big on the waist. I usually send them to a seamstress to adjust them. Hope that this new consciousness about girls with hips
    arrive soon in Argentina.

13. number the first says:

You got the shoes replaced! thats so awesome that they let you even after having worn them around.

I'm actually excited to break out my jeans again for fall. Never worry about over wearing them β™₯

14. SMASH says:

You should dress like this more often πŸ˜‰

15. Stephanie says:

I love the first look. The jeans look great on you. I'm going to check out her jean line.

16. grrfeisty says:

i love love love your shoes. i have platforms but i usually feel silly when i wear them b/c they seem so big for my short size [ironic, right? supposed to make me look TALLER not SMALLER!]
    i'm def gonna need to go check our these curvy jeans you speak of… πŸ™‚

17. Petra says:

i love the first outfit. thoes shoes are PERFECT!

18. Hooked on Shoes says:

I LOVE the fuchsia shirt! And the Steve Madden shoes. So cool that they replaced them!

19. Iris says:

I love the peep toe booties! I'm glad you found jeans that work for you… shopping for them can be such a pain πŸ™‚

20. kaymie says:

fantastic shoes and jeans :D!

21. faye lu says:

*rubs eyes* loving the side zip jeans!~!~ i thought i was the only one who thought these were cool! xo

22. Gina says:

i love the jeans & those steve madden shoes!!!

where are they selling jessica simpson jeans? i haven't seen them around.

have a happy monday gorgeous girl!

<3 gina

23. Archives says:

i feel the same way about jeans! they just NEVER fit right! i'll have to check out the brands you mentioned. thanks πŸ™‚

24. Secondhand Smash says:

Ugh, you are so far beyond fabulous. The jeans looked great. I still adore those nude platforms. Amazing outfits!

25. genevieve, sandbox romance says:

Ugh. Jeans shopping with curves is the worst, especially if you've got a petite waist. Good to know that they're taking hips into account these days!

There's so much to love about this post. Jeans, classy blazers, and awesome (replaced!) heels? Fabulous.

26. Alice says:

you look very nice πŸ˜‰

27. ciupa says:

I've been reading that a lot of designers are now jumping on the "shape, not size" bandwagon.
    they look great on you and those shoes rock.

28. Jasmin says:

amazing shoes and this bag is sooo beautiful!!!

love your blog <3

29. Ana says:

Both outfits are beautiful!
    I also tend to live in jeans a lot of times (although I'm not very proud of it), especially around this time of year when the weather gets cooler. The fact that they're so easy to throw on with a nice top and blazer like you did in these 2 outfits, makes them almost impossible to resist.

30. StyleFrost says:

I love this look, my favourite! Skinny jeans and blazer is so chic! x

31. Laura says:

You look amazing!!!!I totally love how jeans are being made for real women with curves which is so nice since most of us gals have curves.

32. Jen says:

You look darling in those jeans!

33. andrea k (blonde bedhead) says:

I hear you on the jeans issue. Jeggings have become my best friend. I almost feel like I'm wearing maternity pants, so stretchy and accomodating! You look gorgeous and you look so cute in such a simple, minimalist look, I love it!

34. Camilla says:

LOVE the blazer, both ways. I adore your blog photography too, Im following.

35. Mae Lu says:

So glad that you actually tried and they got replaced! It didn't seem right they were not matching colours.

I like this chic jeans look on you. It's not customary, compared with your flouncy skirts and ruffles, but it's a nice change!

Mae Lu, thereafterish.

36. Kiersten says:

You look so fantastic! Since I'm practically a studio hermit, Im always wearing jeans and when I go out Im usually too lazy to change. But, wow, what a cute pair of jeans, a bright shirt, and a blazer can do! Im taking notes.. very detailed notes.. πŸ˜‰

37. Beautifully Pure says:

Ooh! Adorable! I love jeans. I don't enjoy short skirts, and with being 6' 8" it's very difficult for me to find skits – so I usually stick to jeans.

I love both outfits but I especially love the second – but maybe that's because I love black and white and sunglasses. πŸ˜€

~ Katie

38. theloudmouth says:

i don't know how many times i can say this, but i'll repeat: i love/want that bag. and those platforms are darling!

39. LuTaNiA says:

I WANT that jeans! πŸ˜€
    Looks so perfect on you, omg I'm jealous!