Outfits

Shake Your Little Shoulders

Tomorrow is my birthday and I’m freaking out! I know it’s ridiculous, and I can feel all of your eyes rolling right now…but I thought I would be a real adult by now, and I feel so behind. You know, the kind who can just run out and buy a new camera when hers is broken (see the darkness on the side? the shutter gets worse and worse). I know I’m on the right track and I’m working so hard to get ahead, but my goodness. Sometimes I just feel like I’m still a teenager – only with lots and lots of bills.

Twenty-six. Yikes. I keep telling everyone who takes my picture that I am 25, thankyouverymuch, because until 7 AM tomorrow, I am. I know I’m ridiculous. Everyone keeps telling me that your thirties are the best years. In your twenties, it’s a weird limbo between being a child and a full-fledged adult.

Anyway, enough of that jibber-jabber. These photos were taken before the ModCloth party and Robert Geller show. I was bummed that they overlapped, because I missed a lot of people at both the party and the show, since I was in such a rush. Speaking of being in a rush, I have to leave in a few minutes. Pictures from ModCloth and Geller and everything else, later! In the meantime, if anyone has a spare digital SLR just hanging around and gathering dust, I will gladly take it off your hands…and pay you in pictures of Miku’s precious face. It’s a fair trade!

trench dress (so comfy): courtesy of Queen’s Wardrobe
vintage bustier
twenty8twelve skirt: via Gilt (I’m obsessed with this site)
Felicita heels: courtesy of Nine West
tights: Target
belt: thrifted
Madison Brynne bag: courtesy of Coach

Love Love,

1. Glamourlegen says:

My Day of Dread came when I departed from being 28, which, to date, was the best year ever. 22, nah, too young, 25, nah, too in-between, 26, ok-ish, 27, looking up! And then the big Three Ooooooh hit me, and I experienced a big crisis (I´m now 30 and a half plus some). Word of advice: thirties are the new twenties, and if my boo (33) and friends are anything to go by (when it comes to dinners, concerts, clubbing, fashion etc. they´re all out there even though they have babies and toddlers and are all doting yummy mummies and daddies); it looks like I´m in for some thrilling years. So enjoy your years, all of them, and no matter what comes your way (mortgage, babies, work, blah blah), make the most of the one life you do have. You only live once, remember?

2. Danielle says:

I have a feeling I might be like that too when I get older!

3. chellemorgan says:

Happy birthday!! What a beautiful trench dress – I love the style and the colour is perfect. You look absolutely stunning, as always!

Xo Chelle
    discoveringelegance.com

4. hueys says:

Hello!

Happy birthday (:
    *sings birthday song*
    Hope you had a wonderful celebration!

and you look awesome in the trenchdress and boots!

5. theloudmouth says:

it's hard to believe that you feel behind at 25 (or 26, now). you have accomplished so much! i mean, look at you — a successful blogger and fashion designer with so many friends and a beautiful wardrobe. i hope i can say i have that much at 26. anyway, your hair looks lovely down (for once)!

6. agnes says:

tu est magnifique….

7. Laura says:

You look so pretty i absolutely adore that trench dress it looks amazing on you =) And Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Dana says:

Happy Birthday, belated as it may be! I turn 26 tomorrow so…I feel your pain.

9. erin d. says:

Let me tell you, 28 SUCKS. I'm barely a month into it and I've already found 3 gray hairs (my first!) and I need glasses. I'm also getting unsolicited advice about skin care and creams that work for wrinkles. ughh!

Anyway.. 26 isn't so bad. I liked 26. When I was 26 I didn't wear glasses and there wasn't a gray in sight. I miss 26.

10. Bad Taste Toast says:

Happy Birthday!!!
    I know what you mean! I'm 24 and feel so much younger 😀 Still studying and still trying to make a living somehow :-/

But maybe the others are right with saying the thirties will be awesome?!

I hope you have/had a lovely birthday!

11. Hatchipu says:

hello keiko, this is the second time I visit your blog. I have to say that you ve got a realy realy great blog =) I will keep visiting you every day..
    great work..

greetings from germany from a turkish girl =)

12. Graceful Elements says:

It is nice to see you with your hair down. And Happy Birthday!

13. Alice says:

you look so pretty 🙂

14. Anonymous says:

you look great once again..
    and as a 31-year-old let me tell you:
    it gets better every year 😉
    xx m

15. Claudette says:

Happy birthday Keiko! I'm a huge fan of your blog and don't worry! You're not old till you stop having fun & I hope that that doesn't happen to you.. ever!

Love from LA,
    Claudette

16. KT says:

My birthday is the 16th and I totally know how you feel. I still think I am a teenager, well until I remember the student loans and credit card bill. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great one! Love the purple color of this jacket. – Katy

17. Julie says:

Dude! Happy birthday!

I totally get what you're saying. I'm turning 27 in just a couple weeks, and for some reason this is the first birthday that I've really felt gross about. I'm having many of the same feelings you described, "I haven't done all the stuff I thought I would have by now", "I don't know what I'm doing with my life", etc etc. It's comforting to know that someone else is feeling the same way.

18. Brigid says:

Happy birthday! I turned 26 five days ago and had the same feelings. I have faith that it'll all get better from here, though.

19. kim says:

omg, i know exactly what you mean about turning 26. my birthday is in december and i'm dreading it! i don't know what it is about our age group that makes us feel this way. to quote another poster, the "transitional twenties" are rough….i still feel like a little girl pretending to be an adult.

anyways, i'm loving the trench dress and especially how you combined it w/ the teal belt and green skirt. tres chic!

20. mariska says:

wow, ur trench dress is so pretty..
    😉