Makeup, Tutorials

Makeup Monday: How To Get The Perfect Brows (Full Tutorial)

How To Get The Perfect Brows Tutorial

How To Get The Perfect Brows Tutorial

How To Get The Perfect Brows Tutorial

Products used to create the perfect brow: 1) Smashbox Lid Primer, 2) Anastasia Brow Wiz, 3) Sonia Kashuk stiff angled brush, 4) Smashbox Brow Tech (I also love this Too Faced Brow Kit for an all-in-one)

Pssst! I posted more brow product suggestions on my latest Westfield Style post.

Today’s tutorial is about – you guessed it! – brows. I wax poetic about how important brows are, how they frame your face, how I won’t leave home without them. It’s an obsession – but did you see the “before” picture? It really does make a huge difference. I’ve done a few brow tutorials over the years, but my routine is ever evolving. The past year or so, I’ve been steadfast in my current brow technique (though I sometimes switch up the products) – and with the many inquiries I receive on a daily basis, I figured it was high time for a new tutorial. I made a cheat sheet (above) for future reference, but the full tutorial with demonstrated steps is after the jump. Keep reading to learn how I take my brows from blahhhh to yayyyy!

Before we get started, please refer to this diagram if you have questions on where your brow should start, arch, and end.

How To Get The Perfect Brows Tutorial

Apply primer. People usually skip this step, but it will help keep your brows from slipping off your face! It’s really important if you’re like me and rely on a lot of filler, especially on the tail end.

How To Get The Perfect Brows Tutorial

Use brow pencil to draw a defined line underneath your brow.

How To Get The Perfect Brows Tutorial

Do the same for the top of your brow, but only on the outer 3/4. Concentrate on defining the tail end of your brow.

How To Get The Perfect Brows Tutorial

Use the spoolie end of the pencil (or a clean mascara wand) to pull the color up and through the brows. This will also blend any harsh lines, but if you want a really defined lower line, you can always go back in and add it!

How To Get The Perfect Brows Tutorial

Pick up some brow powder on a stiff angled brush and fill the outer 3/4.

How To Get The Perfect Brows Tutorial

Without using any more powder (just use what’s left on the brush), wiggle the brush back and forth on the inner brow. This will keep them from looking painted on.

How To Get The Perfect Brows Tutorial

That’s it! You’re done. You can finish with brow gel, if you want – I usually skip it unless it’s going to be a long night. Please let me know if you need any alternative product suggestions!

1. Angie says:

They really do look amazingly natural 😁
    I’ve just bought benefit ka-brow brow kit and already have their precise brow pencil. Do you think it’s possible to get natural brows with the above products??
    Thanks
    Angie

2. Lena says:

Where can I buy the filler u mention?

3. Kelly Smiley says:

Super tutorial. What lips are you wearing here? Love the rose toned, natural color! Thanks.

4. Karen says:

I can’t wait to try this! I’m a victim of over-tweezing in my youth, so my brows have never fully grown back, but I will definitely have to give this a try. It looks amazing without that painted on brow look. Thanks for the easy tutorial. 🙂

5. Ana says:

I like your post. Very realistic. But with my technique I always put a little hairspray on my brow brush to keep them in place… sounds odd, but it works really well lol.

6. Marisol says:

You have real talent for filling in eyebrows, Keiko! Have you ever considered microblading?

7. xhin says:

I love how you made your eyebrows. I got my tutorial from this site http://bit.ly/2xRdkPP and it’s very easy to achieve perfect eyebrow.

8. Theresa says:

I loved your brow tutorial. It made me feel that I could actually do that on my own.

Do you also have a tutorial for lips?

9. Denise says:

Where can I buy brow kits or primer or products used for brows. Products that dont last for a day or 2

10. Terrie says:

I love the shape of the brows

11. lesego says:

Wow that’s amazing..i like I like

12. Danielle says:

Brows look great, forget about the haters in the comment section.

13. Joan says:

Just have to say, you are so beautiful!! Even without filling the eyebrows in.

Also, I am about to try putting castor oil on mine. I have seen a lot of pictures showing that it makes them grow.

Thank you so much!

14. Name says:

Wow this looks incredible! It’s amazing what a difference a good brow can make to the entire face. Not to be underestimated I think! Would you recommend brow tints?

Brow tinting can make a huge difference! Plus it’s temporary, so if you don’t like it you can just let it fade.

15. Caroline Lechner says:

Before I started to work as a make-up artist, I always tried to see some tutorials. Because when I was young I had no idea about brows. I always trimmed than and colored them random. But tutorials helps you a lot, I mean in general. When I started with my formation, I was very happy to have some experiance, because normally when you don’t work in this field you do not know nothing about it. Another big help is to go to a room and get an consultation. I can recommend Stylish Brows in Miami http://www.stylishbrows.com/