Even though I’m constantly trying new products, I often find myself reaching for the same ones, over and over. I’ve already covered my favorite liquid lipsticks, brow routine, and cat eye liner routine, and one day soon, I’ll give you my exhausting list of favorite lipsticks. But for now, here are some current beauty products I’m loving:
1. Hourglass Cosmetics “Ambient Lighting” Palette: I first discovered this during a Space.NK shoot, when the makeup artist used this during my demo. Of all the products she used, this one stood out to me – it immediately took my flat looking complexion and gave it dimension, making it look glowing and ethereal.
2. Urban Decay “X” eyeshadow: This shimmery, peachy shadow is such a beautiful, subtle shade for everyday wear. Kim and I were obsessed with MAC’s limited edition “Say, Yeah” shadow, and this has become our replacement for our long lost shade.
3. Stila Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush: This is the newest product in my arsenal, but it’s already a major favorite. With Summer just around the corner, it couldn’t have come at a more perfect time. I’ve been wearing “Rosewater” (a mauve/rose shade) and “Water Poppy” (a vibrant looking red). The bright colors might be intimidating in the pot, but they have a very sheer, natural looking finish.
4. Nails Inc. Victoria Beckham nail polish in “Judo Red Collection”: Let’s put it this way – I have a ridiculous collection of polishes, and yet I’ve almost emptied this bottle. It’s a vivid red-orange shade, and I love the brush width (it basically gets the whole nail in one swoop).
5. The Body Shop “Drops of Youth” Eye Concentrate: Pop this in the fridge and apply it in a figure eight around your eyes and between your brows for the most cooling sensation. The metal roller ball and serum combo depuffs and feels amazing.
6. Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm: I’ve been using this beauty balm for a long time (I also use Dr. Jart+), but I think of this as more of a tinted moisturizer than a true beauty balm, since it actually has more color to it. It evens out my skin without covering it up, letting freckles and beauty marks show through. I apply concealer on top, where necessary. See my flawless skin tutorial for my routine (but swap out the foundation and primer for bb cream).
7. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Matte Lip Tar in “Memento”: I’ve tried a lot of lip tars, and I’ve learned that my favorites are the matte ones. That’s no surprise, since I usually gravitate toward matte finishes, but some of the other finishes are a little too oily and slippery for me. The matte ones are creamy and opaque – and “Memento” in particular is such a versatile shade. Bonus: a tiny bit goes a very long way.
8. Marc Jacobs Beauty Twinkle Pop Eye Stick in “Volver”: On days when I skip liner and mascara (very often, lately – especially when it comes to the latter), I brighten up my eyes with this magic little shadow liner, on the inner corners of my eyes and under my lower lashes. This peachy, shimmery champagne shade also happens to pair really well with Urban Decay’s “X” (#2 on the list).