We recently hosted a workshop at Brooklyn Brigade, and sent our guests home with some incredible gift bags. Since we had a few extra products left over and I was already shooting some stuff in the studio, I put together a quick eyeshadow tutorial. I’ve never used Flower cosmetics, and I’ll admit that I had low expectations for the price point ($9.98), but the shadows were nicely pigmented and very smooth. The matte goldenrod color should be patted on or even applied with your finger, since it’s the most powdery of the bunch, and don’t expect the darker shade to be a true black (it’s more of a gunmetal). But overall, it’s great product for the price, and I’m now curious about the rest of their products. Have any of you tried them out? Also, Drew Barrymore. Hey girl. I’m wearing your makeup; are we best friends, yet?
Want to recreate this super easy look? Follow the steps, below:
1. Apply primer potion all over your eyelids.
2. Using a flat brush OR your finger, pat the golden-yellow shadow on your lids.
3. Sweep the sparkly taupe shadow in the crease.
4. Pack the dark grey shadow in your outer v and drag inward.
5. Blend the heck out of it.
6. Apply liner. I went a little (a lot) dramatic, but you can even skip this part entirely and just go for mascara, if you want!