Outfits, Style

Winter Wear: Plaid Scarf and Fair Isle Sweater

keiko lynn winter outfit sorel boots plaid scarf and fair isle sweater 1
miku pomeranian eskimo in the snow
bobby hicks coach jacket winter outfit keiko lynn winter outfit sorel boots plaid scarf and fair isle sweater 2keiko lynn winter outfit sorel boots plaid scarf and fair isle sweater
sorel conquest carly boots
miku pomeranian eskimo in the snow 1 miku pomeranian eskimo in the snow 2 miku pomeranian eskimo in the snow 3 miku pomeranian eskimo in the snow 4keiko lynn winter outfit sorel boots plaid scarf and fair isle sweater 3

Topman Fair Isle Sweater (old, but here’s a ton of vintage options)

Zara plaid scarf (old, but love this one, and it’s less than $10)

Topshop cable knit pom pom beanie (similar)

Saint James striped t-shirt (similar)

thrifted denim shorts

Sorel Conquest Carly boots

Coach Small Shadow Crossbody (c/0)

Coach tech gloves (c/o, on sale)

Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani “714” lipstick

There are few things that Miku loves more than a good snow day, and there’s nothing that makes me happier than seeing her happy. I put on my men’s fair isle sweater, a plaid scarf, and my trusty Sorel boots, so we could wander around the property of the Catskills airbnb that we rented. Miku put on her fuzzy pink and light leopard sweater (thanks, Aunt Nikki!), because she didn’t have a matching fair isle sweater (we need to fix that) and promptly rolled around, buried her face in the snow, and jumped over every log she could find. She also found the largest branch she could manage carrying, because her favorite part of “fetch” is ignoring the stick that was thrown, and upgrading to a bigger and better one. Listen, the girl doesn’t settle for anything but the best. She’s quite the pampered pup.

OH! And did I mention that Tessa (my little sister) moved in with us? Dreams do come true. You have no idea how happy I am to have her here with me!!!

1. heather says:

Beautiful pictures! and miku is soooo adorable!!! I love the snow on her nose.

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

2. Miriam says:

What a beautiful outfit! I love how you mixed the cozy sweater with the cute cut-offs, so pretty!
    Gorgeous photos!

3. Fay Heather says:

These photos are so awesome! Super jealous of your snow.
    I lovee your sweater and scarf 🙂

4. Laura says:

i love how colourful this outfit looks, especially against the snow! and that scarf especially is lovely! also, your sister living with you sounds like fun:-) xx

5. Ria says:

Oh man your dog is so cute!

xx

6. Elizabeth says:

I have been following your site off and on for years and have”t been brave enough to write because I’m sure I am not your usual fan. I am a 55 year old mother of a 14 year old son. I teach high school history in a non-traditional high school in central California. It wasn’t until I had my son at 41 that I started paying much attention to make-up, and fashion trends. Now, I love funky clothes, retro, and vintage pieces, as well as classic styles. My make-up has been called retro with special attention paid to the cateye style of my eye make up.

I would like your opinion because as much as I would love to follow you hand for hand I don;t have your body type, I found out you;re 5’7 with measurements of 35-27-38. I’m 5’2 with measurements of 44-36-40. I wear a size 12 petite, but with my bust size their are times I have to go up a size. I love hats, boots, scarves, bold colors, bold sterling silver jewelry pieces, and Frida Kahlo. What advice could you give somebody like me who may be rounder than the average bear, but doesn’t want to hide!

Hi, Elizabeth! Thank you so much for following along. I believe in wearing whatever makes you feel good, and hate the idea of someone feeling like they can’t wear something because their body is different than mine/anyone else’s. My friend Nicolette wrote a post a little while back about breaking the rules, and I couldn’t agree more: http://www.nicolettemason.com/2015/10/cape-dress-plus-size-nordstrom.html (and p.s. she has KILLER style, so take some time to look at her blog!)

I get it, because I have the same thoughts, sometimes – but isn’t it a shame that we feel limited in that way? I genuinely believe you could rock any of my outfits, especially if you put your own special twist on them. For instance, a pair of cutoffs over tights isn’t most people’s cup of tea, but replace those with some slim jeans and that’s an outfit for anyone, and still has all the personality and color you mentioned being into. You know what I mean? Pinpoint the elements you love, and incorporate them in your own way. Wear what makes you feel comfortable and confident – it truly does shine through. It sounds like you already have a solid foundation and know what you like, so have fun and experiment!

7. Claudia says:

I simply adore your style! Love the mixing of patterns here. 🙂