Oui Fresh Daisy Sunnies, vintage dress
It’s been awhile since we’ve gotten personal around here, so I wanted to start the conversation with a 10 Facts About Me post. But here’s the main thing: I want to know about you all, too. So please introduce yourself in the comments and let me know some random facts about yourself! The thing I’ve been loving about the stories feature on instagram is how it opens up a conversation and feels more like an interactive community. I miss that aspect of blogging, and I want to bring it back. I have so enjoyed getting your input on things, swapping tips, and just chatting about everyday life with one another. So please join me on instagram, check out my stories, and know that if you ask me a question, I’ll answer back. In the meantime, for those of you who are new to the blog or just want to know more about me, here are 10 facts about me:
- My name (Keiko) is pronounced Cake-oh, but I’m so used to people calling me Keeko, I don’t even correct them. Also, Lynn is my middle name — a lot of people [understandably] assume it’s my last name.
- I live in Brooklyn with Bobby, my boyfriend of ten years, our dog Miku, and our cats Lacy, Vester, and Kitty Boos. All were adopted. We recently started fostering a senior dog named Coco, but since finding out she has an inoperable tumor, we have decided to keep her in our family for the rest of her days, under Foster Dogs NYC’s Fospice program.
- I grew up with horses. My first three were my world. They’ve all passed away, and I still have a hard time talking about them without getting emotional. I now have one horse named Romeo that I share with my sister Amanda. He lives in Florida near my family, and I’m so glad my niece and nephew are getting to grow up around horses!
- I have 11 tattoos: some big, some small. One of them is of my pup Miku, and I have my first three horses on my torso. Should I do an updated tattoos post? I’ve gotten several new ones since the last post!
- If I could meet any celebrities, it would be Sir Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian McKellen. I would probably cry.
- I love mixing vintage with new pieces, but I will always choose a vintage shop or flea market over any modern store.
- I usually fall in love with characters, not the actors themselves. For instance, I don’t even remember the name of the guy who plays Tristan in “Stardust” (edit: I just looked it up and his name is Charlie Cox) but I fell head over heels with him when I first saw that movie. Do you think I have a chance with him? 😉
- Even after all these years, I still get really nervous in front of a camera. For that reason, I take most of my own photographs.
- I started my first “blog” at 15 — it’s in quotations because it was called “Open Diary” — then moved over to LiveJournal when I was 18. I’ve had this current blog since 2008, I think! I’ve been blogging in some capacity for over half my life.
- I start an embarrassing amount of sentences with one of the following: “I was watching this episode of Real Housewives…” (guilty pleasure) or “I was listening to this podcast about…” (not so guilty pleasure).
So, those are my 10 quick facts — now tell me about you!