Keiko Lynn white cotton lace dress anthropologie
Outfits, Style

White Cotton Lace Dress

Keiko Lynn white cotton lace dress anthropologie
Keiko Lynn white cotton lace dress anthropologie

Keiko Lynn white cotton lace dress anthropologie

Keiko Lynn white cotton lace dress anthropologie

Anthropologie white cotton lace dress

Free People Mercury Block HeelsΒ (also available here)

Miu Miu round sunglasses

vintage Coach bag (lots of great vintage Coach options here)

Kat Von D “Lovecraft” everlasting liquid lipstick (it’s not quite as dark as it photographed)

I had my eye on this white cotton lace dress when it first reached the site, but I was refraining from shopping and didn’t want to spend the money. It might seem silly to be “shopping” online when you’re refraining from actual shopping (and it is), but I do this thing where I add a bunch of stuff to my cart and then exit the site before I actually buy anything. It’s not as satisfying as actually getting the clothing, but it’s my own weird version of window shopping!

A little while down the road, when doing some actual shopping, I ended up finding it in the store in that magical area called the sale section. It was a lucky find, since it was an online exclusive (it must have been a return), but I almost passed it up. It was a size small and I’m usually a medium, but since it was so heavily discounted, I decided to try it on. It clearly runs large, because it fit perfectly. So, the moral of this story is: check the sales racks and try it on. Or, you know, buy it online and make sure they have a good return policy:)

1. Helen says:

I do the same with online shopping! I fill up my cart and it feels like I’m getting new things without spending any money. Anyway, I am glad you were able to find this dress in store and that you got a great deal on it! It looks so pretty on you!

-Helen

I’m glad I’m not the only one! There’s also something mildly satisfying about closing the window before spending any money. It feels like a mini victory.

2. Lauren says:

I found the same dress on sale, and I’ve been wearing all the time! It’s such a great piece, and you make it look much cooler than I do! πŸ˜‰ I Also love the vintage Coach bag– my favorite bag is a vintage Coach!
    -Lauren

I was so glad I found it, because I can already tell I’ll wear it a lot! And vintage Coach is the best. My mom gave me a vintage Coach backpack that I wear to death.

I totally get that! I love the convenience of online shopping, but there’s definitely something really great about getting to see it, buy it, and take it home right away.

• Natali says:

I agree! In a silly way I always feel like a “Pretty Woman” scene when coming out of a shop, no matter
        if I’m even carrying the smallest shopping bag. πŸ˜€
        I also often got disappointed when shopping online that some clothes didn’t live up to the expectations from the
        photos and how they looked online vs. what I got delivered. πŸ˜€

You know what I find to be helpful? When sites have the videos of them in motion. It gives you a better idea of the overall fit and what the fabric is like!

3. Haley says:

You and I had the exact same experience with this dress! It’s almost creepy! I saw it in the sale section, a size small, and tried it anyway even though I’m typically a medium!! I haven’t worn it yet since I’ve been struggling with what to wear with it but love how you styled it so I can’t wait to break it out tomorrow with a similar look πŸ™‚

I bet people returned them because it was larger than they expected! I imagine a medium would’ve been overwhelming. Lucky for us:)

4. Madeline says:

What a beautiful dress, your pictures are gorgeous! When it comes to online shopping, I do exactly the same, it really awakens my collector mind. I love collecting items on my wishlists and wait for them to be on sale πŸ™‚

Thank you! There’s a real satisfaction with waiting for the sale price. The only thing that stinks is when they sell out before the sale:(

5. Chloe Mason says:

Love this look! Definitely very feminine and summery, love your blog xx