I collect lots of vintage things, and one of my mini collections is lady head vases. I also use them to hold makeup brushes and hair tools, but they’re most beautiful when being used for their intended purpose: as a vase for flowers. One of my beloved lady head vases holds dried roses, and it made me want to recreate it for Halloween. It’s the easiest Halloween costume idea ever: it takes no time and requires no expertise! Pair with a vintage dress for a last minute costume. Want to know how I made this look? Keep reading for my step by step tutorial, and tag #keikoheartshalloween if you try it out!:
- Start with a freshly moisturized and primed face, then soften your clown white makeup (I use Ben Nye but this Mehron version is available with Prime shipping) by slightly heating it up with a blow dryer.
- Apply all over with a brush or sponge and then set with powder. I like to dab all over to avoid any streaking, and will continue softening the makeup with my blow dryer as I go.
- Spray hair with white hair spray.
- Use black liquid liner to line your eyes, outline and fill your brows, and add any details.
- Add lashes and red lipstick. I’m wearing Smashbox “Bang Bang” liquid lipstick.
Final: Stick roses or flowers of your choice in your hair, to resemble a vintage lady head vase. Done!
Shop This Post