Halloween is almost here, and though I still have no idea what Bobby and I are going to be, I couldn’t be more excited! I almost always wait until the very last minute to make a decision, and I’m not sure why I’m never prepared. I’ve been coming up with some different options (with the help of some accessories from Spirit Halloween) and since one of the costumes was makeup heavy, I went ahead and created a tutorial to go with it. I’ll share the full costumes in the next post, but in the meantime, here’s a step by step tutorial for this Harlequin Doll Halloween Makeup!
- Line your lower and inner lid with white eyeliner, to make your eyes look exaggerated and doll-like.
- Set the liner with white shadow. This will also be going all over your lids and up to your brow bone area.
- Using black eyeliner, draw a new “crease” beneath your brows.
- Blend out the line with black shadow. Fill the remaining area beneath with white shadow.
- Using liquid liner, outline your eyes beneath the white, at your upper lash line, and below the “crease” you created.
- Draw new “brows” with the same liquid liner.
- Place false lashes on the upper and lower lash lines (make sure the lower lashes go on the black liner, not your natural lashes).
- Concentrate bright pink blush on the apples of your cheeks, and apply bright pink lipstick (I used Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick in “Menace”).
- Draw on details with liquid liner. I added a flower headband and ruffled collar set. Done!
Want more Halloween makeup and costume ideas? Check out my past Halloween posts:
Jack Skellington and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas (close up of the makeup, here)