Uncategorized

Tattoos

One of the most popular requests I receive is to post pictures of our tattoos. I rarely show them, considering I don’t even wear bikinis, let alone scandalous belly shirts. However, I decided to take some pictures and show you. Just one of mine (I only have two) and several (but not all…not even close) of Bobby’s. I didn’t photograph my other tattoo because it’s a really lame one. Since Peter will surely call me out and tell you all what it says, I’ll beat him to the punch. It says “she wakes up lonely” and yes, it’s on my lower back. I know. Really, I know.

Mine. The geisha is an original piece of art, specifically intended for this tattoo, by André Greppi. The tattoo was done at Chrome Lotus in Orlando, by Brian (he’s no longer there). I don’t have a heart wrenching or deep story behind this; I just wanted to get a geisha and I knew I wanted it to be a little more modern, less traditional. I’m 1/4 Japanese…does that count? Nah, I just knew that’s what I wanted.

Bobby’s arm – clearly unfinished. He has bad luck with tattoo artists leaving him with unfinished pieces. One day, he’ll get it finished.

A horrible picture of his left forearm – a depiction of the Rosemond watercolor we have hanging in Kim’s room.

His feet (he has ribbing marks from his socks, haha).

Another unfinished piece.

O Captain, my captain. Whitman, not Every Time I Die – but I always think, “O captain, my captain, you’ve been drinking – what happened? I’ve been slurring my cadences and blacking out when I stand.”

So, now you know. Do you have any tattoos? Link me to pictures!

Love love,

1. Bunny says:

the first one is awesome! very feminie!

2. Michelle says:

I had no clue you had a tattoo, let alone such a huge AWESOME one on you! It's beautiful!

3. BetseyJ says:

aw Chrome Lotus! Joe from CL did my icecream & treats sleeve!

4. Keiko Lynn says:

Betsey:
    Joe did Bobby's chest, the Rosemond one on his forearm, his feet and several others. He is Bobby's favorite but he's not there anymore. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he gave it up and got into makeup!

5. Jillian says:

love your tattoo keiko, and Bobby's tattoos as well—
    I saw you in Glamour Magazine yesterday when it arrived in the mail! You were looking CUTE!

🙂

–Jillian

6. The Barely Tattoo'd Artist says:

I have a total of three…some Kanji and two red and black nautical stars…eventually I'll have a koi half sleeve, but I need the money first so I don't have an unfinished piece…

Love the geisha! Perhaps I should work a geisha into my sleeve…hmmm…

As always, wonderful blog!

7. Trishna says:

Keiko, You and bobby have some of the most beautiful, artistic and creative tattoos I have ever seen. And the best thing about both of you is all your tattoos are so detailed, it must have taken forever and only god knows how much that hurt. I just want to get a small one on my back but getting chickened out each time at the prospect of the pain.

Also hopefully will get more pics when Bobby's ones get finished.

Take care.

Trishna

8. Linda says:

I love love your geisha, the colour is amazing!!! I have a few…3 that turned into one. I really want to get a colour piece, now that I see yours it makes me want it even more.
    I have a 4th, a heart on my wrist. Its an expensive little hobby…
    I don't have pictures because I don't really take pictures of them.

9. Samantha says:

I think tattoos look amazing on some people, I totally couldn't pull one off but I love all of yours 🙂 the geisha is very pretty, I agree.

10. Charmalade says:

I don't have any tattoos, but I would get one if I had a purpose and intent behind it. I really really love how you and Bobby have matching Japanese-themed torso tattoos.

All this tattoo talk reminds me of that one saying that goes like: the only different between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people won't judge you for not having a tattoo. 😀

11. urbanrhetoric says:

wow…these are really amazing tat's. i have been thinking about one for a long time now but still have not decided on the image (probably something involving my son)….thanks for posting this!

~pemora

12. tiny says:

All of them are truly beautiful! Waw!

13. anhesty says:

i dont have any pics really taken of my tattoo. which i should. and yes i have 3 tattoes on my lower back aka tramp stamp! LOL but i do love it and its also an unfinished story. i need to finish it…

14. Celine says:

I LOVE your tattoo. In fact, I just called my boyfriend over to look at it. I have 5 of my own but always wanted something on my side. Your boyfriend has cool tats too 🙂

flnw.blogspot.com

15. Antoinette says:

I think Bobby's octopus is more striking just being outlined. It didn't occur to me till you mentioned it that it might be unfinished.

16. Suz says:

nice you showed 🙂

17. cherise says:

All very good pieces! I go to Carmine at First Class in West Long Branch, NJ. I have yet to get a really good picture of my sleeve or any of my pieces, but once I do, I'm sure I'll strike back up my blog again just to talk about it. The ribs are a killer spot! I'm working on a piece, probably about that big as well there.

18. A Thought Is The Blossom says:

your geisha is gorgeous! i love all his too, but i think the 'captain' one is my favorite. i've never been brave enough to get one, but now you've got me wanting to soo soo bad!

19. KT says:

I love this post. Thanks for sharing. I've been considering a small tattoo for a while now and can't decide if I should go for it.

20. idée_géniale says:

oh, weird, i have a geisha tattoo as well! mines on my back. And don't worry, everyone has at least one tattoo that they're not all that proud of. mine? a fairy. taken out of a children's tooth fairy book.

21. melly says:

The tattoos on Bobby's feet are wild! Love those so very much.

22. Latoya says:

I love you Geisha tattoo! My husband and I met in a tattoo shop. So when he met my mom, he told her I had one. My mom was ready to flip. He has five tatoos. He is currently starting a sleeve on his right arm. His most recent is Michaelangelo's David, but he has to go back to fill in his hair.

I just looked through my blog and noticed that I don't have any good pics of his tattoos so it may just be a future blog post.

23. Anonymous says:

Okay. I just wanted to be the first person to say, thank you! Thank you for the eye candy picture of Bobby! LOL! 😉 You both are gorgeous and your tattoos are stunning!

24. DearBeatrice... says:

your geisha is so pretty!! and bobby has some awesome ink all over!

25. missDTM says:

AMAZING tats…love the designs and colors…

26. Ollie Otson says:

I love Bobby's "O Captain, my captain" one. I don't know if he got inspired by Dead Poets Society, but that movie is amazing and wonderful.

27. Dodo says:

I love the great wave tattoo on his foot! You really got a great taste for tattoos (since I've seen a lot and therefor a lot HORRIBLE ones :P)
    I don't have any tattoos yet but I just turned 18 and I want to make the right desisions 😛

28. mirattes says:

such as amaizing art pieces on the body!!! Feet and captain tattos are unbelievable perfect

29. Sharon says:

These are some wonderful pieces of art! The geisha was a very good choice and it suits you perfectly :3

I'm a total tattoo fan myself though I don't have that much yet.

This picture shows part of my phoenix tattoo on my left arm and the one around my wrist which says "Compassion". (Just ignore my stupid facial expression :D) I also have another one on my right shoulder blade.

I'm wondering if thinking about getting another one done?

30. Sharon says:

… it's supposed to say:
    "I'm wondering if YOU'RE thinking about getting another one done?"

^.^

31. crispybenfranklin says:

Wow, your tattoo is really beautiful! I always think of getting one, but I'm too indecisive. 😀

32. Kaylalala says:

I was pretty surprised to see how big your tattoo was but it looks great! I think Geisha's are so pretty. (:

Bobby's tattoos suit him! They're great, I love sleeve tattoos.

I don't have any tattoos yet, but I want to get a small one that says 08-15-02: ZKG it was the day that my brother and i moved in with my dad, pretty important time in my life.

I also want to get my brother's name tattooed on my wrist or somewhere else. He has a pretty cool and unique name, and he means a lot to me. 😀

Love this post. (:

33. lei ann says:

wow, your geisha is beautiful! the colors are so sharp & vivid! no one would have ever guessed you had such a HUGE tattoo on your side! tattoos in & of themselves don't mean much to me, it's more WHERE i get them. the last tattoo i got was when i went to tokyo…

it's a crappy photo of sakura on my right hip/abdomen. looking at it always makes me think of the fun i had in japan 🙂

34. A Shopaholic is loose says:

Wau, great colours especially on the Geisha and Bobbys arm!

I also think that the black unfinished piece is kinda cool as it is… 😉

35. ♥Lola says:

I love the geisha, it's gorgeous! I don't have any tattoos myself 🙂

36. grace says:

WOW i remember that etid album from a long long long time ago. i used to have this little set of buttons that said "HOT" and "DAMN!" that i wore side-by-side on my messenger bag. had no idea you were a fan!

37. querbead says:

hello as a gay man i can`t say what i like more your tattos ore your man ,-)
    realy cute both
    i`ve got 8 tattos only little ones.
    want a koi with lotus flowers and cherry blossoms, i know not really manlike 😉
    have a nice day

greets from germany

38. Latoya says:

I really love your blog so I gave you a blog award on my site. 🙂

39. Sandra says:

I think its about time for a bikini girl!

40. Michelle says:

Wow! I had no idea you even had a tattoo! Your rib tatt is gorgeous, and all of Bobby's tattoos are great too.

I've got three:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/sapphiresphinx/P1030169.jpg (It's been touched up since then, I think that was right after it first healed – red ink doesn't like me for some reason)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3004/2946088670_67784d7e8f.jpg (the other two are on the back of my legs, so one picture for both!) < you might like those 🙂

Mine are all kind of dorky. I'm in the planning stages (going to go put down the deposit in a week or so) for my back piece, which will be pretty epic if I do say so myself and is all Norse mythology themed. My right upper arm is most likely going to be a Coraline half-sleeve and I still haven't decided what to do with my other arm. I have ideas for several tattoos but haven't figured out *quite* where I want them at…

Oh, I wrote this a while ago about tattoos – you might like it!

41. junebabie says:

oh my goodness, yours is gigantic! did it hurt a lot?

I have a fairly small one and it didn't hurt at all. but I went to the pharmacy and used numbing cream before hand, which apparently most people don't do…so I wonder if I'd be able to handle it without the cream!

also, love the one on Bobby's feet!

42. 3tips says:

The artwork is really good! I like both your guys tattoos =)

I will post some pics of my bf and I's later today when I get home.

Thank you for sharing that!

43. Shannon Lambert says:

I like that you don't have story for your Geisha tattoo. Though I think sentimental meaning is nice and all, I don't think every tattoo needs to be a reminder or dedication to something. Sometimes it's just a pretty piece of ink and there is nothing wrong with that. I want to get my fave paintings on me so I can enjoy them at all times haha.

44. Atenea says:

the first is amazing! I don't like so much the last but the others are very pretty. kisses

45. Pinkarol says:

amazing tattoos!
    I love japanese style tattoos. It's curious that you and bobby have the same style tattoos <3 great couple 🙂

46. simonesays says:

Your tattoo is so great – I just can't get over the ones on Bobby's feet though. LOVE. It's amazing.

47. STACEY MCCOOL says:

Hmmm, definitely didn't figure you for an ETID fan.

either way, my old roommate and I have a bunch of matching tattoos (one that evolved into my analog love chest piece) as well as eachother's names on our feet.

oh, and, i also have an embarrassing LBT. (lower back tattoo) no big deal.

48. A glance at my world says:

I love your tattoo! I had seen if a couple years ago…I think on livejournal. Bobby's tattoos are really cool too.

I currently do not have any tattoos…my boyfriend has two. A dragon on one shoulder and a Japanese style tiger on the other(so they can be covered up with a t-shirt and he can still look professional when he needs to).

49. Carmella says:

oh, i LOVE!!!!
    you're so cute, i can hardly stand it!

i have 3 ity bity ones… i've been planning for a big one on my side, something asian – since i'm half korean.

50. lauren says:

personally, i love tattoos. i love creative and beautiful ones and am very happy that they have become something elegant on the skin. i have some, my favorite is one i designed myself, on my arm!

51. Kristennn says:

Is the unfinished one on Bobby's side a Kabuki counterpart to the geisha on your side? If so, that is SO AWESOME/CUTE. If not, they are still both awesome tattoos!

52. eef says:

Wow, you and Bobby have great tattoos! I only have a tiny one on my hip. It's not really worth sharing. haha I don't even have a photo of it and I've had it a year and half.
    I'm trying to convince myself I need an awesome tattoo, but I'm such a wuss–mostly because I'm worried about how it will look if I gain weight or something (thinking of one on my side, like yours). But then I think that no one has to see it if I don't want them too (and probably they won't unless I wear a bikini), but then I wonder what the point is if it can't be seen, and on and on. blah!
    But in any case, very nice. And I love the colors on Bobby's arm. When he gets it finished you should post more photos!

53. Jessica Eubanks says:

I LOVE your tattoo! I really want a rib piece, but tattoos are so expensive I end up putting it off every time I think about getting another one. I have a small guitar on my lower back in memory of my boyfriend that died 3 years ago. I wish I had gotten a bigger piece, because it looks insignificantly small compared to my other one now 🙁 I can't seem to find a good picture of it. I will probably end up adding to it. Here's a picture of my newest tattoo, my cupcake!

54. Kass says:

oh! i had no idea you had a tattoo!
    It's very pretty! Bobby's are nice too =]

55. Anna says:

love all the tattoos! very nice.

satinsugar.blogspot.com

56. Healthy and Homemade says:

The tattoo on your side is AMAZING!! I would never have the balls to get one that big.

I have 4, and since one is on my lower back I too feel you on that. I never show it to people, and rarely say I have one. Ohhhhhhhhh I wish I could undo it lol!

57. LovelyLeigh says:

This is such a great post! I went and did the same, I have about 25 tattoos. I think Im one of the few bloggers Ive seen that has a lot of tattoos, if there are more out there find me!! lol. I love your geisha and all of Bobbys tattoos are great, I wish I could see the one on the left side of his stomach, I have a flash tattoo in the same place. His wave on the foot is fantastic as well, he's done a great job picking out really good tattoos. His chest is well put together! Get more tattoos!!

If you want to check mine out! I just did a whole post on them!
    xoxo!

58. moi je joue says:

his right arm is unfinished??
    i thought it looked lovely as it is.

59. Alexandra says:

Those are all so lovely! If you're ever in Orlando again and want some work done, my uncle is a very talented tattoo artist there– Brett J. Barr. Look him up if you get a chance. =)

Here's his page:

60. Adele says:

soo neat! (: I would get another one but im such a baby i might just embarrass myself by bawling my eyes out. (; xo

61. Sadie says:

Your geisha tattoo is beautiful! 🙂

62. Sara Lynn says:

Those tattoos are amazing, I really like the Geisha.

63. Heather is a tragedy says:

Oh man! My sister just has a small tattoo on her foot and said it hurt terribly, Bobby's looks like it would have been incredibly painful! But so worth it, right?! 🙂 I have one tattoo that isn't finished yet. It's the J.R.R. Tolkien symbol and it's right in the middle middle of my back. It's really faded though, and I always forget its there because I can't see it. Haha. Do you want more tattoos?

64. Clare says:

Wow, wasn't expecting that! Looks great!

Love your blog, do have a look at mine 🙂

iliketweet.blogspot

x

65. Hanna says:

I love that his feet look like Hokusai prints. I love looking at people's tattoos. I've always considered one, but I'm a little bit afraid. Maybe someday.

66. Sarah H. says:

I love these tattoos! The geisha one is really cool.
    It's weird, I found Bobby on lookbook and I've just started reading your blog (religiously, I might add) and then I see these photos and I'm like..what the hell..AWW
    yeah, that is all.

67. Gladys Lopez says:

you two are beautiful people!
    even if his tattoos are unfinished, they still look amazing. 😀

68. suzy says:

love the tattoo- considered getting a geisha one time myself. still might. my husband has ten and is getting more, i have two and plan on more. very addicting 🙂 here is mine:
    i got it after my father passed away. i drew and designed it myself and my tattooist copied it. i'm itching to get another soon, but can't decide what i want! love all of bobby's tats as well 🙂

69. Kate S. says:

Those feet tattoos are the most epic feet tattoos I've ever beheld.

70. Delightfully Tacky says:

I don't have any tattoos yet but I know the one I'm going to get (in the event of my Winnebago dream actually coming true). I would draw my own winnebago in the style of this one and have that maybe on my left side (the side of the heart!).

71. Daphne says:

Absolutely beautiful!! I just found your blog for the first time- you are stunning! I love your style. I have 5 tattoos which inadvertently appear on my blog regularly! They're not as hidden as that one…except the one I have on my lower back, too!! Oh well, it really is a good spot, just hackneyed.
    xo
    d

daphnejolielaide.blogspot.com

72. Kiva, Keva? says:

all these tatoos are gorgeous, yet all look to be in extremely painful places. power to you, all for art : )

73. Hannah says:

I absolutely love this post. I think I love tattoos almost as much as fashion, even though I have yet to get one! But thanks for combining the two; this is just another reason why I love your blog!

74. Keiko Lynn says:

I just wanted to tell you all that I spent forever looking through everyone's tattoos and it was a lot of fun! So many of you have tattoos and I never would have guessed…sometimes I forget that most of you had never even seen mine:) They're fun little surprises.

75. Hanako66 says:

your tattoo is beautiful and i really love bobby's! japanese art is my favorite (1/2 japanese:)

76. ちゃく says:

新着ん。は大阪 デリヘル、大阪 ホテヘルなどのリアルタイム情報を掲載しています。

大阪 デリヘルをご利用したいとお考えの方、大阪 デリヘルに興味をお持ちの方は是非こちらの大阪 デリヘルサイトをご覧下さい。

大阪 デリヘル、大阪 風俗。キャバクラ、ホスト等の高収入求人情報に興味のある方は大阪 高収入求人ワーカープラスへ!

中古コピー機専門店アットコピーは、中古コピー機を「あっと」驚く価格。「あっと」いう間に全国配送致します!中古コピー機ならアットコピーへ!