Outfits

Brooklynite

Apologies for this week’s lack of posts. I’ve been very busy with Tessa and Ally, which has been an amazing break from the usual work, blog, sit and sew routine. These girls have had us in stitches. Ally is a mini-Kim, and Tessa is just her own person, through and through. I don’t want them to leave! I already tried convincing them that Jet Blue closed down and canceled all flights forever, but they didn’t believe me.

These photos are actually from before the girls got here, though I do have newer photos to post, after they leave. The dress I’m wearing was my first clothing purchase as a New Yorker…or at the very least, as a Brooklynite (I had a short stint in Astoria). I bought it at Beacon’s Closet in Williamsburg, though I’m now more of a Park Slope Beacon’s fan (nicer staff, better quality). Oddly enough, I also bought the shoes at Beacon’s. I wouldn’t pair this dress with those shoes again, but oh well, live and learn:)

50s cotton dress – Beacon’s Closet (Williamsburg store)
shoes – Beacon’s Closet (Park Slope store)
petticoat – ebay, 6 or so years ago!
vintage wicker purse – gift from my mom’s BFF, Dawn

love love,

1. Makiko says:

such a cute dress! i think the shoes go well with the dress- what's your gripe with it? just curious :).
    fantastic blog. i get really inspired here!

2. eleanor says:

This outfit is adorable, and those shoes are INCREDIBLE! I love how simply beautiful the dress is too.

X

3. Carina says:

Gorgeous dress – so summery 🙂

4. Q's Daydream says:

I love the dress and shoes together! So sweet!

5. Keiko Lynn says:

Makiko: Thank you! I think I'd just prefer a more classic heel with the dress. They were also extremely uncomfortable:( I need to break them in!

Thanks, everyone!

6. sami chu says:

I adore your dress! This outfit would look fabulous with red lipstick too 🙂

7. Marinka says:

you look really cute..This dress really suits you

8. dear kate says:

what a darling little outfit! great shoes!
    katie

9. ShoesForDessert says:

Love those heels! You look gorgeous in that all-white dress!

10. says:

You look positively angelic in that dress- so gorgeous! Love it as usual.

PLASTIC LETTERS

11. Sidewalk Chalk says:

I love this pairing a lot, and that dress is gorgeous on you.

I visited Beacon's Closet last year for the first time when I was in NYC for a visit, and it did not disappoint 🙂

12. Ms K says:

pretty outfit!
    I love the oldschool look.
    nice heels and bag you have

13. Becca Jane says:

I love this whole outfit, and I like the shoes with it? But my fave is that sweet little straw bag

14. Teddy says:

you look soo cute!

15. browniesprinkles says:

You look great! Good luck with breaking those shoes in!

16. Elle says:

I know what you mean about Beacon's Closet! I live in Brooklyn too, I go to the Park Slope BC a lot more often. But the Williamsburg store is so huge!! Whenever I go there, I just go prepared to spend a few hours in there 🙂

17. Jenni says:

I love the shoes with the dress! Tan and white look so amazing together. Beautiful dress.

18. Mary Ann says:

Love that purse; reminds me of Sophia Petrillo from the Golden Girls, hehe. 😉

19. JVS says:

I want that dress!!! So amazing!

20. Marie says:

VERY nice dress!

21. Daisy says:

Such a lovely outfit 🙂

22. Mici Milovaného says:

love whole outfit and those sheos are really cute!

mathonkachcesit.blogspot.com

23. Desiree says:

Everything about this is amazing. THOSE SHOES! Ahhh. And I adore that bag.

24. Ruzu says:

You allways look pretty and your style is very inspired!!

25. Molly says:

oh my goodness, those shoes….I don't even think I could wear them because I'd never look where I was going as I walked…I'd just stare at them until I ran into a pole or something. Lovely outfit! reminds me of Mad Men for some reason 😀

26. Jen says:

I love those shoes, especially the color!

27. babyxswts5 says:

Looking adorbs, Miss Keiko! Love the pretty white dress & wicker purse. 🙂 The purse is definitely one of a kind!

~Vanessa from Smashion

28. calivintage says:

the dress is stunning, keiko. and i am also so bummed that i didn't have time to meet up with you when i was in nyc. that place wears me out! i ended up sleeping half the day before leaving for my flight!

29. Skye says:

What an incredible outfit!
    I love it. ♥

30. Gina says:

i love your shoes and your bangs are so pretty

31. Bella Luna says:

Cute dress!! and the picnic basket is so adorable!!!

Loves,
    Bella

32. linfan says:

Christian Louboutin top footwear brands into multiple growth in sales last year, privately-owned 500 pairs of shoes for women over the brand around 3000. Long list of fans include Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Aniston, and many other female stars. However, the "red clogs" the most loyal customers comes as the U.S. best-selling author Danielle Steel, and learned that she has more than 6,000 pairs of Christian Louboutin shoes.
    September 2010 applied for a trademark, the purpose is to protect its brand scarlet soles designed not been copied. "The bright red soles is used to tell you, this pair of shoes that I designed. Wearing the shoes of the woman is more able to attract the attention of men." Christian Louboutin President in the United States Trademark Office, said applications have it. Christian Louboutin red sole design of this sign was born in 1992, when, Christian Louboutin shoes President try to use nail polish on the shoe department.

33. Justice Pirate says:

the wicker case just makes me swoon. I love white dresses too and this one is so nice on you. I am not used to seeing you with longer skirts! It is pretty!!

34. Siubhan says:

My oh My, I do love your dress, and as a huge fan of wicker anything, your bag too! Beautiful outfit.

35. 每当遇见你 says:

The walk by celebrities down the red carpet at the cheap pandora bracelets annual Academy Awards is probably just as anticipated by television viewers all over the world as the presentation of the awards themselves. The ladies are the stars of the show, and there's pandora bangle just something enthralling about seeing them decked out in all their finery for the event. The gowns and the jewelry they’re wearing all reinforce that they are stars, a step above us ordinary mortals. Pandora necklace There have been many examples of female celebrities who have been photographed wearing pieces of jewelry that are simply stunning at the Oscars throughout the years. Madonna, for instance, pandora necklace silver was wearing $20 million worth of diamonds at her neck, ears, and wrists at the 1991 Oscars. At this year's event, the jewelry worn by the stars were no less eye-catching, cheap pandora necklaces and they included just about every design imaginable in cheap pandora beads just about every hue of the rainbow. new pandora beads Best Actress nominee Keira Knightley was wearing a vintage pandora bead Bulgari chandelier necklace of diamonds, rubies, emeralds, and sapphires, cheap pandora earrings whose colors were reminiscent of a peacock's feathers. cheap pandora sets Jennifer Lopez was wearing dangling earrings and a necklace of gold and diamonds by Fred Leighton, discount pandora sets who also designed Dolly Parton's earrings and brooch. Charlize Theron's tawny earrings were supplied by Chopard; so were Hilary Swank's diamond earrings, bracelet and ring.