Beauty, Makeup

Makeup Monday: Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick Swatches

urban decay matte lipstick tilt
urban decay matte lipstick stark naked
urban decay matte lipstick bad blood
urban decay matte lipstick 1993 urban decay matte lipstick after dark urban decay matte lipstick bittersweet urban decay matte lipstick blackmail
urban decay matte lipstick menace 1urban decay matte lipstick temper

Here’s what I have to say about Urban Decay’s Matte Revolution Lipstick collection: FINALLY. Urban Decay is one of my all time favorite makeup brands, and while their lip products are great, I’ve been waiting and waiting for a matte collection. I just don’t reach for other finishes as much as I do matte; it’s a personal preference of mine that hasn’t shifted, no matter the current trend. Well, I have to say that these were worth the wait. If you like the look of matte but hate the dry feeling, you should give these a try. They’re creamy and incredibly saturated, and have tremendous staying power (a major perk of matte lipsticks). I’ve been wearing “Bad Blood” for the past few days; it’s a new favorite red! I’m not sure if I can pick an overall favorite of these nine different shades, though…it changes, depending on my mood. Do you have a favorite shade?

[UPDATE: Looking for swatches for Urban Decay’s new Vice Lipsticks? Check out my post swatching Urban Decay’s Vice Lipstick on different skin tones!]

1. Crystal says:

I was looking for Urban Decay swatches and came across your site. Your pics in this post are super useful. The lighting is great and I totally get a sense of the colors. Thanks!

2. Natalie says:

Goddamn, how do you manage to look gorgeous in EVERY SINGLE SHADE? I was wondering how 1993 would look on paler skin, you’ve got me sold. Am also stupidly tempted by Stark Naked and After Dark.

3. Jenna Sais Quois says:

My god, I love this formulation so so so much. I only bought Stark Naked for now because I was looking for a perfect nude matte — and it is. Thanks for all of your images for each shade. They look amazing!

4. Anna says:

Lovely swatches. Btw, you are gorgeous

5. Marci says:

Just bought TILT! Gorgeous example photos! Thanks for the inspiration

6. Rebecca says:

Ugh I want all of these and I don’t even wear lipstick. You make me want to learn how to use it better. Lipstick is always weird on me. When it wears off I end up with an outline of lipstick on my lips. I don’t know how to fix that, but then again I don’t have time to reapply makeup either.

7. MaryC. says:

They are simply wonderful 🙂 I just want at least 4 of them!

8. Bernadette says:

Hi there! I am so looking forward for these matte lipsticks to come to Sephora. I want them all! I have a question though, do you feel that some of them make your teeth look yellow? I’ve noticed with some lip colors they make my teeth look yellow and I want to know how I would choose which ones do that and which ones don’t…

Sometimes warmer colors will make teeth look yellow – try a blue toned shade to make your teeth look whiter!

9. Jessi Malay says:

Great colors! They all look fantastic with that cat eye liner!!

XO, Jessi
    mywhitet.com

10. melissa says:

Gorgeous! I love ‘Bad Blood’
    xo,
    Melissa
    MissyOnMadison.com

11. Lauren K. says:

These are such pretty colors! I’m really liking the way Tilt looks. Definitely have to check it out. 🙂

12. Autumn says:

I love love love 1993, I’ve been looking for exactly that color in a matte lip for ages. Can I ask if they are drying?

All matte lipsticks can be a little drying after awhile, but these are really creamy and nice. I would just recommend removing and reapplying after awhile – I usually do so halfway through the day or after meals. It doesn’t dry out, but it feels a little thick after a long day. Also, using primer helps!

13. Laura says:

Start writing here.Tilt is so unique and pretty! Orange lover that I am, Temper is also appealing.

14. heather says:

This is NOT helping my obsession with lipsticks. I LOVE Bad Blood but I’m also loving 1993, menace, and bittersweet. Pinks and reds are my WEAKNESS.

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

15. Liz says:

these are all gorgeous on you — I look so awkward with lipstick on

giveaway on my blog!

16. Stephanie says:

I’m a sucker for matte lipsticks, but it can be difficult for one that isn’t so drying on my pout. These colors look amazing. I’m curious to try all the shades of red and I adore the names. I’m curious about their lasting power, as mattes tend to feather.

17. sasa says:

Oh my! So many beautiful colors! I love them all!

Shall We Sasa