While my go-to holiday makeup look is a matte red lip, I love playing up my eyes from time to time. I wanted to create a vivid green eye makeup look, so I turned to the Huda Beauty Emerald Obsessions eyeshadow palette. It was my first time using the palette, and there are some hits and slight misses, although overall I really like the palette! It has a nice variety of shades of green, and variations from matte to shimmery to glittery. There was a fair amount of fallout with the glittery ones, even with using a damp, flat brush (not unexpected — glittery shades can be trickier), so I waited to do my face makeup until afterward. That way, I could clean up the fallout without messing anything up. Whenever doing a more dramatic eye, I do recommend trying that approach for a cleaner look. I mapped out a step by step tutorial for this look, so check it out below and don’t forget to pin it and share it!
- Starting with a primed eye (essential!), sweep #2 from the Huda Beauty Emerald Obsessions eyeshadow palette from the inner corner to outer crease, going up to the brow bone.
- Sweep #6 from about 1/4 of the way in to the outer crease, leaving a bit of #2 visible. Blend.
- Using a damp, flat brush, press #5 into the middle lid and #4 in the outer edge. Sorry for combining these — I forgot to photograph them separately!
- Using a flat smudge brush, apply #4 to the lower lash line.
- Apply #2 to the inner lower lash line and blend with the inner corner.
- Apply liner.
- Curl lashes and apply mascara and lashes. Done!
Hope you enjoy this holiday look. Let me know if you try it!