Those of you who asked for a tutorial for last week’s eye look: here it is! When I got my hands on the new Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette, a couple weeks ago, I immediately had to try it out. I created this look based on one of their own smoky eye tutorials, which are included in the pamphlet inside the package (there are four different options). Naturally, I went with the “Smoky Cat” – a combination of my two favorite go-tos. Want to learn how to recreate this look? Follow the steps, below!
- Apply eyeshadow primer potion from lash line to the brow bone and also on the lower lash line.
- Highlight the inner corner with “High.”
- Using a flat shadow brush, apply “Dirtysweet,” starting at the edge of “High” and blending toward the center of the lid.
- Dampen a shadow brush and apply “Radar” to the center of the lid, blending it into “Dirtysweet.”
- Use the Smoky Smudger brush to apply “Whiskey” to the outer corner, blending it into “Radar” – and then drag it through the outer crease. The outer corner should swoop up and out, as pictured.
- Blend, blend, blend.
- Apply “Demolition” 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil to the lower lash line and blend “Whiskey” over it to soften the line.
- Apply cat eye liner to the top lash line (I used MAC “Blacktrack” Fluidline). Refer to my cat eye tutorial, for help. I also applied it in the lower waterline, for extra drama.
- Apply mascara. Done!